I’m very proud to announce our new ebook, “SMM Champions: Best Practices for Developing SMM.”
This is a great look into the SMM practices of 9 industry thought leaders and practitioners on a variety of strategic meetings management-related topics. Our new ebook, which we’re unveiling today at the GBTA convention, follows our first book on SMM, “Strategic Meetings Management Handbook: From Theory to Practice,” published in 2011.
We start with my essay on the evolution of SMM – and the collaboration it took to get the concept launched (and the roadblocks I had to vault along the way). There’s also a piece from my colleague, Linda McNairy, VP, Intermediary Relationship Management, at ACTIVE Network, on “Maturing Your SMMP – Getting to Where You Want to Be.”
Check out the essays from the rest of the SMM champs:
- Carol Ann Salcito, President, Management Alternatives Inc., on “Power Management: Combining Meetings & Business Travel Management”
- Kari Wendel, Senior Director, SMM Strategy + Solutions Carlson Wagonlit Travel Meetings & Events, on “Maximizing Supplier Relations with eRFPs: How to Create a Win-win When Sourcing”
- Betsy Bondurant, Founder, President of Bondurant Consulting, on “Integrating a Meeting Card Into Your SMMP”
- Debi Scholar, Dir. Managed Meetings Strategies, American Express, on “Financial Risk Mitigation in Meetings Management”
- Tyler Altrup, Solutions Architect, Badgeville, on “Strategies to Engage Attendees: The Science of Gamification”
- Joanna Belbey, Social Media and Compliance Specialist, Actiance, on “Managing Social Media Compliance within Financial Services Industries”
- Herve Joseph-Antoine, Global Managing Dir., Pacific World, on “SMM in Asia – New Opportunities & Challenges”
I’m so happy to be part of this new ebook, and prouder still to be part of an organization that continually raises the bar of excellence – both in terms of thought leadership and innovating new SMM and event management technology.
What do I hope you get out of this book?
JR Sherman, SVP of ACTIVE Network and Senior General Manager, Business Solutions Group, who wrote a foreword in the ebook, says it best:
“It’s my hope that you use “SMM Champions: Best Practices for Developing SMM” to increase your SMM skill set and move your programs forward – whether you’re just thinking about creating centralized management of meetings or you have a global program in place that’s already delivering benefits. Think of this book as a very smart tool to help you achieve SMART EVENTS™ – meetings that help you save time and money … engage your attendees on a new level … and, most importantly, grow your business.”
Download “SMM Champions: Best Practices for Developing SMM” and become an SMMP champ, yourself. By the way, I'd love it if you shared your impressions of the ebook here!